wavget.com Forum Index wavget.com
Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unicode or Shift-JIS support ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antipika

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Unicode or Shift-JIS support ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering if there was an update planned for TypeitIn to start supporting Unicode or Shift-JIS. I am a regular user of this software and needs it for everyday tasks at work. However, I noticed that Unicode isn't supported and this is a bit problematic, especially in 2010.

Using TypeItIn with Japanese regional settings or Applocale did not solve the issue either. I also tried to use the {pastefile \\*.txt} approach for pasting Japanese text, this didn't work either for some reasons.

Will this feature be implemented in a near future or is there a trick/workaround to make TypeItIn support Unicode/S-JIS ?

(I am also very surprised that no one ever asked this also, searched for "Unicode" and "JIS", didn't yield any result)

Thanks in advance,
-Antipika.
Antipika

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no answer what-so-ever regarding JIS? I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't be hard to implement either Sad
ChaosKiller

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you don't get a reply. I think you will get a reply this time though. Else you can use toe contact form on wavget.com maybe you have more success there Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fileformat.info/tip/microsoft/enter_unicode.htm

one of the methods listed there, says hold ALT then type 0 then the unicode number in decimal.

you probably need a foreign language to be added on your computer to test it if test is seeing if it displays the character.

that method may not work in your application..

so you can open charmap and find the char you want and its hex, and use calc to convert it to decimal.
e.g. the hebrew letter Aleph has unicode value in hex 5D0 , in decimal 1488

in typeitin, you can do
{AltNum 01488}
you may need complex right to left languages and scripts enabled in windows.. or whatever.. support for hebrew.. and you would get this character displayed.
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/biomdoc/access_services/Aleph.jpeg

The method for me works in MS WORD 2003.
but gives the wrong character in notepad and the run dialog box.

MS WORD has other ways you can do it too, as mentioned in that link at the top of this post. You can type the letter or hex number, then do ALT-x, and it can alternate between the letter and the number.
That'd be possible to do in typeitin.

There's also ALT with +, also mentioned at that link but I can't see how to do that in typeitin.

Proper unicode support would be good.. I know it just comes out with question marks if you enter a letter from a foreign language into typeitin.
If it was for writing a web page or a regex, you could avoid typing unicode and use an escape sequence and the html interpreter or regex engine will know the code.

in theory it should be able to interface with a small program and type unicode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wavget.com Forum Index -> TypeItIn All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: